Ages 3 - 5
Chautauqua Children’s School is a developmental preschool for youth ages 3 - 5. The school is located at the corner of Hurst and Pratt Avenues and operates six classrooms 9 a.m. - noon, Monday through Friday.
Each classroom is staffed with four leaders, including certified teachers, college-age early childhood majors, and high school students. The teachers work as a team and share classroom responsibilities.
Please note that a child must be at least 3 years of age at the time he or she attends the Children’s School and must be toilet trained.
|Children's School Fees|
A typical day at Children’s School:
- Developmental play
- Circle time (activities designed to provide a foundation for basic skills such as calendar, counting, days of the week, reading and singing)
- Activity centers (weekly themes such as children’s literature, imagination, community helpers and performing arts)
- Music, Art, Movement, Library, On-grounds Field Trips
- Special guest programs
- Snack time
- Outdoor play
- Children may walk and/or ride a bike with an adult to Children’s School.
- Children’s School has a bus service available for children enrolled in the program (or in Group One in the mornings).
Take your child to Children’s School on his/her first day. The classroom teacher will give your child a bus tag which will state your child’s name and bus stop information.
Buses are staffed with adult bus monitors who ride with the children and check bus tags to assure that each child gets off the bus at the correct stop. An adult must be there to meet the child at the assigned stop.